Posted on: 3 September 2015
If you are interested in getting a fence for your backyard and want one that is different than standard types, you could talk to a fence contractor about purchasing ficus panels. While this is a slightly nonconventional choice for fencing material, it is a wonderful idea for so many reasons. Before you decide on this particular type of fencing material, there are several things you should know about it.
What Are They?
Ficus panels are similar to other types of fencing panels. They come in certain sizes and must be installed. One difference between traditional fencing materials and ficus panels is that these panels look like real green foliage plants. They are not real plants, though, and they are typically made of polyurethane.
When you choose ficus panels for fencing material, you will be creating a fence that looks like shrubs. Some people prefer using shrubs as fencing, but using ficus panels instead of shrubs offers a lot of great benefits.
What Benefits Do Ficus Panels Offer?
When comparing ficus panels to traditional fencing options, there are several benefits. The main benefit is the way they look. Ficus panels will dress up a yard more than a regular fence. In addition, ficus panels will not require any maintenance like many types of fences do. Ficus panels can also help reduce the noise level in your yard.
You can see the majority of the benefits if you compare ficus panels to regular shrubs, and here are some of the key benefits you should realize:
- You will not have to wait for them to grow – If you plant regular shrubs along your property line, it could take years for them to grow tall enough for your needs. Ficus panels are also very easy to install, and you might even be able to do this yourself.
- They do not need water – Ficus panels will never need to be watered either, which is a huge benefit if you are trying to conserve water at your home. In addition, you will save time and energy because you do not have to water these panels.
- They are completely maintenance free – You will never need to trim these panels, waterproof them, or anything else. Once they are up, they will look great for many years.
- They are bug proof – If you purchase real plants or wooden fencing, you may have to worry about bugs destroying it. This is not a risk or concern with ficus panels, because of the material they are made from. Small animals and rodents will also leave these panels alone, which means you will never have to deal with damage from outdoor pests.
Ficus panels are a great choice for many reasons, and they can be used for a variety of different purposes.
What Can You Use Them For?
Just like fences, ficus panels can be placed in a yard for the following purposes:
- Privacy – If you want more privacy in your yard, you would have to choose a type of material that is solid, so that people cannot see in. Ficus panels are ideal for this.
- Security – Keeping your kids or pets in a yard often requires a fence, and ficus panels can serve this function too.
- Hiding certain things in your yard – Some people use ficus panels to make bad areas in a yard look nicer. For example, you could build a small wall around your AC condenser to keep it out of view. You could also build a wall around your outdoor hot tub to keep it more hidden.
There are so many different ways you can use ficus panels in your yard. To learn more or to get a quote, contact a fence contractor in your area that sells ficus panels.Share